Sunday 7 January 2007
when i was young, i used to look at the stars and wonder how my life will be after many years...
I used to count the stars and ask myself what will those stars witness me doing in my life, i used to think of my life, my family, my job, my university, and never had a clear vision of my future, i just let it happen...

Days passed by, and my future came and what i've been wondering about became my everyday life..don't know if that was what i really wanted for myself...but i thank God on everything..

I met people i never thought i will, i made things that was a far fetched dream to me, when i was in school, i used to stay in my class in the break and look to the horizon in front of me and say one day i'll be free, i will be able to fly, go everywhere and do everything, but i will never loose myself, the one i admired and liked so much, from inside...

Looking back to my life then...it's really changed, what i never expected happened what i never wished for occurred..

I don't know if time went back ,what will i choose, but all i know that i don't have much regrets..
Time run fast..u barely catch your breath from one incident to other passing your life, and you never know what's next...You see minutes of your days dwindling in front of your eyes, cynically enough you do nothing about it...you just watch..

I miss that little girl, who used to dream for herself, for her country, for everything, when she used to look to the horizon and dream of a better tomorrow, when she used to laugh from her heart to cheer everyone around her, when she used to watch the Nile from her back seat in the car and feel she wanna hug it's shores dear to her heart...

She still got those dreams, but she doubts everything...

I miss little me....

Labels:



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me on this Pinky...you're going to get through what's making u feel so blue, and when you do, you'll look back at it and laugh.

And your dreams, they never die. Dont you ever forge that.

Blogger Amr said...

Some dreams deserve to live much longer, I believe yours are so because they were nothing but pure and cheerful... Never worry, they're coming... and when they come, other dreams will be seen in the horizon, and so on... endlessly!
I missed the way I was dreaming when I was young, so does everybody... but there are moments you'll cherish to come... just be ready, don't wait for them, make them wait for you...

Blogger iten said...

I used to suffer from the same feeling for a long time too, the feeling of missing little me where there was no worries no responsibilities only cheerful dreams & hopes but don’t let that feeling controls you try to think of ur future dreams looking back will only cause you pain ;)

Blogger Enyita said...

Trust u Sou:)
i like it this way, whn my dream r waitin me 2 become true, thank u amr...
Totyyy am so happy ur commenting n we share tht feelin dont we :)

Blogger Just Jane said...

Pinky,
I am 31 years old and still not sure what I want to be when I grow up. Our wishes can change over time or circumstances. Sometimes I miss my carefree childhood moments but all the money in the world couldn't pay me to go back and do it again. There is only one way to go and that is forward. You'll figure stuff out. Meanwhile, enjoy the ride. Life is too short and too fragile.

Blogger Enyita said...

Life is certainly too short and too fragile, but the reason why we're here its what gives this life a meaning...ofcourse we change, its normal...but missing the lil us is the thing tht affected me ...
Thanks Jane for commenting, and i hope we all reach our goals in this life..

Blogger saloma said...

u've touched myself deeply pinky,
while reading ur article i felt that i also mis little me,,but im also eager to see old me,,and how would it be??
would it be like what little me wanted??
would it be better??
i dont know but anyway i want to see her

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer